Sunday 9 October 2011

Judy's Affordable Vintage Fair

Right now I should probably be doing some reading on 'popular genre's' or some other media related rubbish, but I'm not I here writing about my visit to a wonderful vintage fair. I've been having a pretty crappy weekend, so this afternoon I forced myself out of bed, threw clothes on and decided to venture out into a rather humid, cloudy York.
(Not that you can really tell) but I dyed my hair yesterday, its sort of grey/white/lilac. I want it more lilac though!

My 'thrown together' outfit.


Anyway, I knew there was a vintage fair on in the museum gardens so i thought I would wonder down and check it out. I was pleasantly surprised. I had to pay £1.50 to get in, but it was well worth it! There was everything you could think of, from vintage, retro and recycled. Bags, costume jewellery, fur coats. You name it, it was there. It was held in one of my favourite buildings in the museum gardens (I kinda want to get married there)



Yes, I did end up spending money. BUT, it wasn't to much and it was way cheaper then any high street shop. Like I said there where lots of choose from and I quickly scan the little stalls for items that caught my attention. I could have spent so much more than I did, but I reminded myself that I have to feed myself and pay the bills (how dull) So I choose what I bought very carefully. Sorry about the quality of the photos, I don't yet own a camera so they where either taken on my phone or on my Macbook webcam. 

This ring cost £3. Its so cute and the peace symbol has little diamantes around it.






This is a real bad picture, but this shirt is amazing. It cost £5. It has shoulder pads and is made of a lovely silky material.

I also got this gorgeous velvet dress, I've been looking for something just like it everywhere! Its a lovely length finishing just above the knee. I love it , the only problem is it is slightly to big for me. I am going to attempt to take it in at either side to see if I can make it fit. or if I cant do it myself, I maybe tempted to take it to get altered. I love it that much! 


I think I got some really awesome bargains. Judy's Affordable vintage fair travels all around the country to bring you the most amazing affordable clothing and accessories. You can check on facebook if there is one coming to a town near you. 

Now unfortunately I couldn't stop myself there. I'm a typical girl and after looking round at all the vintage niceness I decided to head in to town. I saw that Republic had a sale on and had a peak. Know I'm not usually a fan of republic, I've bought the odd piece of clothing from there but to be honest I think it is slightly, how to put it inoffensively 'chavy.' Anyway to my surprise I found this darling Black blouse. Its officially my favourite thing I've bought in a long time.  

I'm wearing it here with a black skirt but I think it will look fantastic with my fake leather leggings which I have not yet worn.





Luckily I didn't break the bank with buying any of this (I'm a student and currently jobless) I bought everything with the money I saved on food shopping! No this does not make me stupid, it makes me resourceful!  I also got these immensely gorgeous studded slip-on shoes from topshop (I bought them using my topshop card) I've wanted them for ages and I'll probably wear them until the souls fall off. 



All in all I had a good day, and my class tomorrow morning isn't on so I get a lay-in! Unfortunately I have class at 5pm-7pm which sucks and it will bore me to tears but never mind! Who says being a student is difficult? 

Check out my Tumblr account: Tumblr












2 comments:

  1. LOVE the Topshop shoes! New Look keep doing really amazing offers on shoes, especially slip ons. I bought some adorable leather moccasins the other day for £15!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to have a look in New look! I have a serious show obsession at the moment!

    ReplyDelete